October 26 Vestry Minutes

Approved November 23, 2020

Due to COVID-19 the vestry meeting was conducted via ZOOM beginning at 7:00PM.

PRESENT:
Clergy:The Rev. Dan Handschy
Wardens:Tina Kopp and Bob Meyer
Vestry:Mike Kimber, Carol Murphy, Jim Shults, Dave Tyler, Ann Wickes and Linda Williams
Absent:Laura Hannett-Smith
Treasurer:Denise Mako
St. David’s Court:Cindy Byrd, David DeSilva and Douglas Riecher

ST. DAVID’S COURT:
Cindy B. asked if there were any corrections to the minutes from April. Carol M. made a motion to accept the minutes, seconded by Mike K. and approved.
David D. from Dermody Burke and Brown went over the audit for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2020. It was a very clean audit. St. David’s Court is a well run building. Tina K. made a motion to accept the audit, seconded by Mike K. and approved.
Cindy B. explained the Conflict of Interest form. Each vestry member must fill it out and return it to her.
Cindy B. went over the YTD budget and explained any variations. The site has a part-time manager and a full time live in superintendent. The superintendent position is currently vacant. The proposal for converting to solar electricity purchased from a solar farm was approved earlier in the year by the vestry vis e-mail.

At 7:46 the St. David’s Court portion of the meeting was closed and the regular vestry meeting began. The minutes for September were read online. Jim S. made a motion to approve the minutes, seconded by Dave T. and approved.

REPORT OF THE PRIEST-IN-CHARGE: Dan H.
Dan H. brought us up to date on his pastoral care visitations. He was quarantined for two weeks after his return form Colorado. He is the chair of the Nomination Committee for the Diocesan Convention.

WARDENS’ REPORT:
Tina K. will put the minutes on the website.
There was a question about our outreach for the Samaritan Center. Any contributions to the sandwich fund is put into the designated fund for outreach. There is currently around $4000.00 and we are spending $130.00 to $151.00 per week. They no longer need sandwich makings as they are back to serving hot meals. They can buy food more cheaply than we can so cash contributions are preferred. Our outreach to the Samaritan Center is reflected in the Parochial Report. Ann W. made a motion to donate $400.00 a month for the next six months to the Samaritan Center, seconded by Carol M. and approved.
Mike K. asked if we had an outreach plan in place. We currently do not. We should make a plan for long term.

TREASURER’S REPORT:Denise M.
In September we had a loss of $2032.00. 83% of pledges are paid. We might squeak through in October. Because some pay their pledges at the beginning of the year, we are closing the gap in our budget so we hope to make it though the end of the year on target. All bills are current and our assessment is up to date. The paperwork for forgiveness of the PPP loan is filled out and will be submitted soon. Brophy, the cleaning service, will be going up $20.00 per month. The service was resumed last week.
The money coming in for the outreach program for the Samaritan Center is astonishing.

CALLING DAN H. AS RECTOR:Dan H.
Denise M. has given Dan H. the four years of financial records which the Diocese requested. He will file these with Canon Carrie Schofield-Broadbent tomorrow. He will add kudos for the outpouring for outreach. Jim S. made a motion that Dan H. file the five year financial projection with Carrie S-B., seconded by Bob M. and approved. Lots of good stuff came out of the cottage meetings. Thanks to those who ran the meetings. It was asked that the minutes be posted on the website and Tina K. will do that. We will also have someone from the vestry give a short update during announcements on a regular basis.

NEW BUSINESS:Dan H.
The Stewardship letters went out today and pledge cards will go out next week. We will again have individuals write a short note for the weekly newsletter on how giving, not only to St. David’s, has helped their spiritual growth.
The music yesterday was fabulous. We purchased equipment using the $3000.00 grant from the diocese to enhance the music program for those listening online.
Coffee hour will be move to 12:00 rather than 1:00.
Reservations are still needed for in-person worship to permit for contact tracing if necessary.

Dave T. made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:15, seconded by Jim S. and approved. Our next meeting will be Monday, November 23 at 7:00PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Susan Parry, Clerk of the Vestry