Returning to In-Person Worship
On February 16th Bishop Duncan-Probe revised the COVID-19 guidelines in response to the decline in positivity rates across the Diocese. Should positivity rates increase again, suspension of in-person gatherings may resume
The updated guidelines go into effect as of February 28th, 2021. Highlights include:
- In-person gatherings for worship and other purposes are permitted, with a limit of 33% of space occupancy (at St. David’s that is 46 people in the sanctuary) or 50 individuals, whichever is fewer. Online/hybrid worship is strongly encouraged.
- Decisions about resuming in-person worship is made by a collaborative decision of the Rector and the Vestry.
- Individuals who have received the COVID-19 vaccination must follow all masking hygiene, and physical distancing protocols when attending church-sponsored in-person gatherings.
What the way forward looks like:
- Careful and Cautious
- The Peace: Because of physical contact and proximity are prohibited, all individuals remain in place for the passing of the peace. Share your greeting through nods, waves, etc.
- Eucharist: The Eucharist may be celebrated, and Communion may be distributed in one kind only, the bread.
ALL participants in worship, including all worship leaders, should wear masks throughout the gathering. The Rector may remove their mask when preaching.
Singing is prohibited, except by one person per service who maintains at least 15 feet of physical distance from all others.
At the Vestry Meeting held on Monday, February 22nd, it was decided that we would wait until after the Bishop’s Diocese-Wide Service on March 14th to start our in-person worship. The system will be the same that we used last fall before we had to return to Virtual Worship.
An email will be sent out on Monday each week with two (2) buttons. One will have the link for 8 am and the other for the 10 am service. Everyone MUST register for a service due to the requirement of contact tracing. Anyone who wishes to be on the “Automatic Reservation” list should contact David Burgess as soon as possible.
We will still have a need for lay participation, and there is a sign-up sheet on the church website.
Our First In-Person Worship will be on Sunday, March 21st for both the 8 AM and 10 AM Services.
Watch for your email on Monday’s, here, or contact David Burgess.
Monday, January 18th ~ Celebration of a New Ministry – Welcoming a new Rector. Click here to view. Click here for the Service Leaflet.
Saturday, February 13th ~ Special Prayer Service Honoring the Life of Pauline Handschy. Click here to view.
Wednesday, February 17th, ~ 7:00 P.M. – St. David’s Re-Broadcast of the Bishop’s morning service.
Lay Participants are needed for readings and leading in The Prayers of the People. Click here to sign up for the month of MARCH.
Sunday, March 7th, ~ 10 a.m. ~ on Zoom or Facebook/StDavids/
Click here for the Service Leaflet.
Tuesday, March 9th, ~ 7 p.m. ~ Book / Bible Study on Zoom
Sunday, March 14th, ~ 10 a.m.
All-Diocese Worship Service with Renewal of Vows
Mark your calendars
March 31st, 2 pm until 7 pm
American Red Cross Blood Drive at St. David’s Parish Hall
What does the CNY Episcopal Diocese say about Racism?
- Racial Reconciliation – Anti-racism training and readings
- Responding to Racial Violence – Presiding Bishop Curry’s Pentecost sermon and recommended readings